In the September Curriculum For Kindergarten, we are learning about colors, reading "apple" stories and focusing on the letters S, M, R.
- Language Arts: Colors All Around
- Beginning sounds
- Letters: S, M, R
- Words: I, see
- Color words
- Featured Books:
- I Need a Lunch Box
- I Went Walking
- Caps for Sale
- In the big blue sea (Little big books)
- How Do Apples Grow?
- The Apple Pie Tree
- Capital at beginning of sentence
- End punctuation
- Science / Social Studies:
- Objects all around us and Earth’s Land, Air and Water
- Math: An Apple A Day
- Calendar Math
- Graph a Day - Yes/No
- ABAB and ABCABC patterns
- Extending patterns
- Counting with manipulatives
- Analyzing graphs
- Comparing size
- 1-to-1 correspondence
- Numbers 1-12
- Spatial relationship
- Draw a picture of 4 things that are "red".
- Write and draw 4 things that start with the letter "S".
- Write and draw 4 things that start with the letter "M".
- Write and draw 4 things that start with the letter "R".
- Write a sentence with the word "I".
- Write a sentence with the word "see".
- Draw an ABAB pattern.
- Draw an ABCABC pattern.
- Draw a picture of something that is symmetrical (something that can be divided in 1/2 evenly). (Example: butterfly)
- Draw a picture of 4 things that are "blue".
- Write your ABC's.
- Write your first and last name. Draw a picture of yourself.
- Write and draw about apples.
- Draw me a picture that shows me "10".
- Write a sentence that starts with "I see".
Recommended Games for September:
- Pattern Mania
- Alphabet Action
- Rhyme Time
Contact me about your September curriculum for Kindergarten