In the October Curriculum for Kindergarten, we are learning about the Earth, reading stories about families and adding more sight words to our word wall.
- Language Arts: We're a Family!
- Letters: T, B, N
- Review: S, M, R
- Beginning sounds
- Words: my, like
- Characters and setting of a story
- Matching words, building sentences
- Movement words
- Featured Books:
- Jonathan and His Mommy
- Tortillas and Lullabies
- Shoes from Grandpa
- Capital at beginning of sentence
- End punctuation
- Return sweep
- Science / Social Studies:
- Earth’s Land, Air and Water
- Calendar Math
- Graph a Day - Yes/No
- ABAB and ABCABC patterns
- Extending patterns
- Counting with manipulatives
- Analyzing graphs
- 1-to-1 correspondence
- Numbers 1 - 12
- Spatial relationships
- Counting from 1-10 and back
- Making groups of 10’s
- Venn diagrams
- Write and draw 4 things that start with the letter "T".
- Write and draw 4 things that start with the letter "B".
- Write and draw 4 things that start with the letter "N".
- Write a sentence with the word "my".
- Write a sentence with the word "like".
- Write and draw about a story you read with your reading buddy.
- Write and draw about an animal that lives on the land.
- Write and draw about an animal that lives in the air.
- Write and draw about an animal that lives in the water.
- Draw an ABCABC pattern.
- Make a picture of 100 in groups of 10.
- Compare water and land using pictures.
- Write and draw about your best day ever.
- Write a letter to your mom or dad.
- Write and draw about the Earth.
Recommended Games for October:
- Word Matching
- Drag and Drop Word Game
- Clifford's Make a Word
Contact me about your October curriculum for Kindergarten.
Wanting more? Sign up for my free teaching newsletter and get ideas sent right to your email box.