January Kindergarten Curriculum
In the January Kindergarten Curriculum, we are continuing learning about the winter season and also learning about polar regions, animals and weather.
- Language Arts: Sunshine and Raindrops
- Blending sounds and rime
- Letters: L, K, Q
- Words: is, here
- -at and -an, -it word families
- Action words for weather and outdoor activities
- Capital at beginning of sentence
- End punctuation
- Word spacing
- Match spoken words to print
- Writing sentences
- Quotation marks
- Science / Social Studies:
- Weather and Seasons
- Calendar Math
- Graph a Day - Yes/No
- ABAB and ABCABC patterns
- Extending patterns
- Counting with manipulatives
- Analyzing graphs
- 1-to-1 correspondence
- Building graphs with items
- Addition with manipulatives
- Write and draw 4 things that start with the letter "L".
- Write and draw 4 things that start with the letter "K".
- Write and draw 4 things that start with the letter "Q".
- Write and draw 4 words from the "-at" family.
- Write and draw 4 words from the "-an" family.
- Write and draw 4 words from the "-it" family.
- Write and draw about "weather".
- Write and draw about "winter".
- Write and draw about "spring".
- Write and draw about "summer".
- Write and draw about "fall".
- Write a sentence using the word "is".
- Write a sentence using the word "here".
- Write a telling sentence: I said, "_______________".
- Draw a picture that shows "25".
Recommended Games for January:
Make 3 or More letter words
Fun With Letters
Do You Have Great January Ideas?
Do you have an idea for January? Please share it!
Wanting more ideas? Sign up for my free teaching newsletter and get ideas sent right to your email box.
New teacher? Struggling teacher? Download my free eBook that's packed with ideas, tips and tricks to get you through a rough year.
Have questions? Contact me about January Kindergarten Curriculum in your classroom.
Just need more ideas for your classroom, try Sites for Teachers. They have great ideas!