February Kindergarten Curriculum
In the February Kindergarten Curriculum, we are talking about hearts. We are also discussing transportation.
February Kindergarten Curriculum:
- Language Arts: Wheels Go Around
- Blending phonemes
- Letters: D, Z
- Words: for, have
- -ig, -at, -an, -it word families
- Words for travel
- Capital at beginning of sentence
- End punctuation
- Word spacing
- Match spoken words to print
- Writing sentences
- Quotation marks
- Writing Signs
- Science / Social Studies:
- Weather and Seasons and Investigating water
- Calendar Math
- Graph a Day - Yes/No
- ABAB and ABCABC patterns
- Extending patterns
- Counting with manipulatives
- Analyzing graphs
- 1-to-1 correspondence
- Addition with manipulatives
- Slides and turns
- Write and draw 4 things that start with the letter "D".
- Write and draw 4 things that start with the letter "Z".
- Write a sentence using the word "for".
- Write a sentence using the word "have".
- Write and draw 4 words from the "-it" family.
- Write and draw 4 words from the "-ig" family.
- Draw a picture of opposites. (Example: tall, short)
- Draw a picture of something "on".
- Draw a picture of something "in".
- Draw a car and label the parts. (Example: wheel, door)
- Draw a picture of 3 + 5.
- Draw a picture of 6 - 2.
- Write and draw about water.
- Draw a picture that shows "more than 15".
- Draw a picture that shows "less than 20".
Recommended Games for February:
- Magic School Bus Letter Sounds
- Dr. Seuss Letters
Wanting more ideas? Sign up for my free teaching newsletter and get ideas sent right to your email box.
New teacher? Struggling teacher? Download my free eBook that's packed with ideas, tips and tricks to get you through a rough year.
Still have questions? Contact me about your February Kindergarten curriculum.