Back to School... Already?!
If you're a first year teacher
please invest in some quality shoes.
You have no idea how tired
your feet and legs will be.
I officially started my new job last week.
One of the big things I'm trained to do is to reflect continually.
So, here are my ponderings.
I thought they might be good for you as you head into your schools in the next month.
After reflecting on my first week, here are a few things I've learned:
As you head into your classrooms - enjoy it, smile and contact me if there's anything I can do to help!
- Blisters hurt even more the second, third and forth day
- Always wear a name tag
- Sometimes saying nothing is the best choice
- Even when you think you know a lot, you still have tons to learn
- A simple turkey sandwich will taste amazing if eaten in the right company
- Always offer to help
- High schools are too big for me
- I can carry very heavy boxes in a nice dress
- When in doubt smile because the people around you probably don't know what's going on either
- I am making life-long friends after a few short days
- There's a lot of trainings I still want to take
- People are watching you all the time, make sure you're presenting what you want them to see
- Be flexible and ready to roll with the punches
- Never sit down if there are still people without a chair
- I'm a table washing pro with some Clorox wipes
- You never know who might be on the verge of tears, know where the Kleenex is
- People have more confidence in me than I do at times
- If someone asks you a question and you don't know the answer say, "That's a great question. Let's find out together!"
- And lastly... I really do love new teachers. They are yummy and I cannot wait to get into schools and work with them.
If this has made you laugh, think or smile – please stop by Elementary-Teacher-Resources Facebook Page and chat with us!
Follow me on Pinterest. I'm always adding new pins.
I hope that you have enjoyed this newsletter. Please feel free to email it to friends and family who are teachers or home-school moms!
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
See you next month!